Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has reiterated that Jadon Sancho won’t be leaving the club before the transfer window closes on Monday afternoon.
The England international has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United this summer, but a deal has failed to materialise between the clubs.
Earlier this summer, Zorc said that the club had imposed an August 10 transfer deadline for Sancho and won’t consider any bids for the attacker beyond that period.
Zorc added that the decision was final and the club are in a strong position to keep hold of Sancho, whose contract was extended for another 12 months until June 2023.
Despite this, there has been constant speculation that United may make a late push to sign the forward, but Zorc has emphasised that everything has been said on the matter and nothing will change in the coming days.
“Everything that can be said on this subject has already been said,” He was quoted as saying in an interview with Ruhr Nachrichten. “Nothing will change that.”
Dortmund are reportedly said to value Sancho at around £108m and it appears highly unlikely that the Bundesliga outfit will consider any offers from United with just three days before the international transfer deadline.
Sancho was absent for the recent German Supercup final against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena which Dortmund lost by a 3-2 scoreline. Joshua Kimmich scored a late winner for Bayern.
His unavailability started speculation that he could be on the move before the deadline, but Zorc stressed that the 20-year-old only missed the Supercup encounter because of a slight cold.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 3 cracking Bundesliga matches to look forward to in January
- AC Milan eye double swoop for RB Leipzig duo Alexander Sorloth and Marcel Sabiter
- Haaland at the double to keep pressure on top four
- Schalke fall after 30 years in the Bundesliga
- Top German clubs come together to take a stand against new proposed ESL